Friday, June 10, 2011

Fresh Brew

Back in college the weekend started on Thursdays for most "students"' and the weekend usually consisted of consuming some adult beverages.  As you know, when people have said beverages they tend to argue about sports, politics, music, television, pretty much anything.  I recently argued with my brother-in-law for about 3 hours about high school football prowess.  I've been out of high school for 14 years.  That's what happens.  Since most of you will be discussing sports at some point over the weekend, I figured I'd throw in my two cents every Thursday to get the ball rolling.  Remember, this isn't college and most of you have some responsibilities on Friday, so there's no sleeping in and calling Mina's for lunch.  Let's get it started...
** I’d like to thank CSKA Moskow for signing Nenad Krstic and saving Danny Ainge from having to take part in an uncomfortable press conference where he explains the positives of bringing him back.
** The next major championship for Tiger Woods will be on the Champions Tour.
** The resurrection of David Ortiz has been unbelievable.  Almost too unbelievable, wouldn’t you say?  
** Finals Stats:     LeBron’s 4th quarter points:  11   Bruins goals:  14
** Would you trade Jeff Green for Andre Iguodala?  I would, but Danny wouldn’t ($$ and years). 
** After watching Freddy Garcia and AJ Burnett, you have to assume Cashman is willing to give up pretty much anything for a reliable arm.    
** Not only is Dice K done pitching for the Red Sox, he’s done pitching in MLB period.  When’s the World Baseball Classic again?
** If it became necessary for me to have a bodyguard, my first call would be to Dennis Seidenberg. 
** The latest the NFL could start the season is November 1st (an 8 game season with the SB on February 12th).  That couldn’t be more depressing.
** Predictions:  Bruins in 7 (2-1 OT Win) and Mavericks in 6 (a rout with Terry and Dirk draining 3’s)
** Am I the only one that thinks WEEI is trying waaaaayyy too hard with all this hockey talk?  You are who you are and it’s not a hockey station.  Kudos to 98.5 for the authentic coverage. 
** Why hasn’t Michael Bowden made the ‘jump’?  It’s amazing to think that he made his debut in 2008 at the age of 21. 
** I’ve always liked Shaq (my wife disagrees with that statement), but I won’t remember his time in Boston as a success.  His injury (along with the GM) torpedoed the Celtics title hopes. 
** I picked up some Narragansett Summer Ale pounders last night and was pleasantly surprised. They were a perfect pairing with the Heat loss.
** Good News:  Kevin Faulk looks great after his knee surgery.  Bad News:  Kevin Faulk has longs odds to make the roster. 

Note:  Starting next week this will be posted on Thursday afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment